Although the FSP aims to prevent incidents of violence and unhealthy behavior by reaching people before they are affected by negative outcomes, we recognize that there will still be people who require assistance whether due to domestic violence, sexual assault, human-trafficking, elder abuse, hate crimes, or other forms of violence and/or unhealthy behavior. The FSP provides linguistically and culturally appropriate services through bilingual/bicultural staff that many mainstream providers are unable to offer.
Our services include:
- Crisis intervention;
- Client education and empowerment;
- Safety planning;
- Assistance connecting victim services and other resources;
- Referrals to shelters and other housing arrangements;
- Legal referrals;
- Court accompaniment and accompaniment to law enforcement agencies;
- Assistance in applying for public benefits;
- Other assistance as necessary.
In addition to offering direct services to those who need them, we offer cultural competency trainings for other service providers, agencies, and partners in the community.